Saturday, February 18, 2012

Korean Food / Vegeterian Buffet!

I was biking around about a year and a half ago and I came upon this place:


"Wellbeing Vegetarian - Korean Food Buffet."
"Over 70 kinds of food.  The Best wellbeing food.  The healthiest food.  Chemical-free vegetables!"

Vegetarian buffet?  Chemical free*?  A dream come true!  And the cost...a paltry 5k or so, if I recall correctly.


Mixed grain rice, barley rice, and plain rice.


Care to make some bibimbap?


Steamed greens and other sides


Stir-fried and other sides.  Particularly awesome: garlic stems there on the bottom row, second from the right. 


Acorn jelly, tofu, etc


To my slight dismay, yeah, there was also a meat section.  



Dessert drinks: shikye and plum juice

And there's a lot more that I didn't get to take pictures of.  Or rather, I tried to take pictures, but it's kind of hard to do at a buffet. Thanks for your understanding. 

This buffet is located at  대구광역시 수성구 2ㅜㅇ동 322-14, about a 15-20 minute walk south from exit 2 or 3 of the Daegu Bank subway station.  Look for it on the Green Guide.  



*I didn't see any organic certifications around, so I'm not sure how true this claim is...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this place the other day and was curious! Thanks for posting!!

    As for the chemical free bit, I wonder if they mean they don't add any chemicals like MSG or whatever when the food is cooked? My friend here who's big into the organic scene here said that she thinks most restaurants use some sort of chemical to make the food "taste better." Anyways, cool place and great article!

    ReplyDelete